These two boxes are perfect as an introduction to seaside activities in the Victorian period. The box contains all you need to encourage your pupils to create their own Punch and Judy play to show their class or indeed the whole school.
The boxes come with their own puppet theatre and scripts are also included, which can be used as a template to create your own stories.
Ideal for use with Key Stage 1, years 1 and 2
Key learning objectives
- History: To enable pupils to explore a typical Victorian seaside activity by handling Punch and Judy puppets, and by taking part in role play activities.
- Speaking and Listening: To encourage pupils to work effectively as a member of a group, using speaking and listening skills.
- Literacy: To explore Victorian and modern day Punch and Judy plays using scripts from different periods.
- Puppets include Punch, Judy, Baby, Policeman, Joey the Clown, and Crocodile (plus sausages, frying pan, truncheon and Mr. Punch’s stick)
- Resources include teachers notes, 3 Punch and Judy scripts, display sheets, labels and a puppet theatre.
Hiring a box
Collect on a Monday between 12pm and 5:30pm, and return on a Friday before 5:30pm.
Closed 1pm to 1.30pm.
To discuss your needs or to make a booking contact Alexandra Walker tel 01962 678199.