This box is ideal for secondary schools studying Shakespeare’s Midsummer Night’s Dream as part of their English Literature classes. Activities include a number of Shakespeare “old English” puzzles as well as copies of the plays. Inside are a selection of costumes for the main characters of the play suitable for drama classes, or for simply bringing study in the classroom to life.
Ideal for use with Key Stage 3, Years 7, 8 and 9
Key learning objectives
- History: To enable pupils to explore the life of Shakespeare and his plays by handling costumes and taking part in group activities.
- Speaking and Listening: To encourage pupils to work effectively as a member of a group using speaking and listening skills.
- Literacy: To explore Shakespeare’s plays using a variety of literary resources.
- Costumes include Theseus, Hippolyta, Lysander, Demetrius, Hermia, Helena, Egius, Titiana, Oberon, Puck, Bottom, Quince, Snout, Starveling, Snug and Flute.
- Resources include labels for display, character cards, posters, photographs, postcards, programme from 1986 production, video, CD and books.
Hiring a box
Collect on a Monday between 12pm and 5pm, and return on a Friday before 5pm.
Closed 1pm to 1.30pm.
To discuss your needs or to make a booking contact Alexandra Walker tel 678199.