This box contains costumes for an Iron Age man and woman, as well as replica artefacts and resources to help children explore what life was like in the Iron Age, and what happened when the Romans invaded Britain.
Ideal for use with Key Stage 2, year 3/4.
Key Learning Objectives
- History: to enable pupils to explore key themes in the study of invaders and settlers in Britain, particularly in the Roman period, by wearing costume and handling replica artefacts, as well as taking part in group activities.
- Speaking and Listening: To encourage pupils to work effectively as a member of a group using speaking and listening skills during role play activities
- Literacy: To explore life in Celtic Britain through reading secondary resources
- Costumes: Iron Age man and woman
- Artefacts: include coins, torc bracelet and necklace, and replica loom weights
- Resources: include images, labels, books and poster.
Hiring a box
Collect on a Monday between 12pm and 5:30pm, and return on a Friday before 5:30pm.
Closed 1pm to 1.30pm.
To discuss your needs or to make a booking contact Alexandra Walker tel 01962 678199.